It’s Labor Day weekend, which means it’s time to soak up those last few summer days before it’s all pumpkin spice and hectic holiday shopping. Let’s celebrate the end of the season with a delicious terpene-inspired mocktail!
Wait, what? Mocktails? What blog am I reading?
Let’s be clear – we are not encouraging you to mix cannabis and alcohol. That’s not a good idea and you shouldn’t do it. But if you’re not consuming cannabis, you can still get some of the same beneficial effects of terpenes from a variety of fruits, herbs and spices.
This refreshing recipe is easy to make and perfect for a backyard barbeque. The basil and lemon flavors pair together perfectly, and both are rich in terpenes.
- 3-4 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 6 ounces of water (or try using club soda to add some fizz!)
- Mix the lemon juice, sugar and basil in an eight-ounce glass. Be sure to use a muddler to really make the flavors pop!
- Fill the glass with ice and top off with water or club soda.
- Carefully stir and enjoy!
You can adjust the sugar and basil to fit your preferences. If you’re feeling fancy, add a sugar rim and a circle of lemon to the glass to make it picture perfect!
Talk to a Wellness Advisor
If you think cannabis can help you take back your wellness, talk to one of our Wellness Advisors to learn more!